Martial Arts Insurance - Industry Standards
Martial Arts Insurance can protect all schools / clubs and cover all types of martial arts styles including but not limited to Karate, Kung Fu, Taekwondo, Mixed Martial Arts, Kickboxing BJJ - Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Aikido, Muay Thai, Tai Chi, Wushu, Judo and Krav Maga to name a few.
There are set standards with the different types of insurance for martial arts school owners and promoters.
- Public Liability – PL (2, 5, 10 or 20 million) – 10mil most preferred
- Professional Indemnity – PI (2-5 million) – 5mil most preferred
- Personal Accident / Player Accident – PA – optional and preferred by 40% of instructors
- Income Protection – IP – optional and preferred by 40% of instructors
- Property – building – optional and used by instructors who lease or own their own building
- Property – contents (fire and theft) – optional to protect equipment (nominate value $10k-$100k+)
- Business Interruption – optional and flexible based upon your operation
- Travel Insurance specific for martial arts training and competitions
The problem instructors are often faced with is not knowing how to research insurance, or how to interpret the policy wording so they know what they are buying. Martial Arts Australia has been working with a number of brokers and insurance companies over the past 21 years and can refer you to a dedicated martial arts insurance provider.
- Do you feel there are grey areas in your policy that don’t clearly explain what you are really covered for?
- Does your insurance broker hit you for extra cash when you put on an event or two through the year?
- Would you like to include your PT / Gym / Fitness training into your policy at no extra cost?
- Does your policy exclude the following disciplines or do they put a restriction on how much of each styles can be taught in your school? (Brazilian Jujitsu – Kickboxing – Muay Thai – Shoot Wrestling – Prankation – Boxing)
- Does your broker demand you list all your students and when you get new ones then ask you to pay extra for them but not give you a rebate for the ones that leave?
- Does your policy state no cover for training from a domestic residence (your home)?
- Do you have to pay additional fees for each instructor in your school?
- Are you unsure if your policy covers all your events? (public demonstrations, tournaments, fight shows, camps, special seminars etc)
- Are you paying a $5000 excess in the event you have to make a claim?
- Would you like to know what you are really covered for and how you can access the funds in the event of a claim?
- Would you like to be given options on what insurance policies are available rather than be told you have to have a certain product?
- Would you like help with the risk management of your school and access to free business resources?
- Would you like to save money on your insurance and know you have a product that will protect you and your members appropriately?
- Would you like to obtain insurance from someone who speaks your language, knows martial arts and the appropriate financial services products.
- Are you confident that your Insurer will be around in the unlikely event you need to make a claim?
- Would you support the company that can help you with your insurance and also sponsors and promotes the industry?