Frequency Asked Questions
Basic Martial Arts Australia Membership FAQ
- If I am a member of another Association can I still join? Yes you can and we actually give discounts on membership to some of the other Associations if they have set up that type of arrangement with us. We are like a library of resources and we are here to help everyone in the industry and without the politics.
- Can other Associations join the Martial Arts Australia? Yes and they do, however we think of it as not about joining under our banner it is more of us all working together keeping their own identity. We are about creating benefits for other associations that they can be added as their own services adding value to their own membership.
- Can anyone join the Martial Arts Australia? No, everyone is required to fill out an application form and substantiate their qualifications. If an instructors does not make the grade we will assist them to meet our criteria. If that is not possible we will assist the instructor in another way free of charge. Some instructors maybe accepted on a probationary measure with the promise that they will upgrade their qualifications within the year.
- What do I get when I join? You will receive upon acceptance of your application a Welcome Letter, Certificate of Membership, Member/Discount Card, ‘Martial Arts Australia Certified Instructor’ badge, access to our online business pack and continued support, communication, networking and discounts on various services and products.
Find out the full BENEFITS of MEMBERSHIP - JOIN NOW CLICK HERE FOR ONLINE FORM
- How do you become a Member? Fill out the application form, include a copy of any relevant certificates to substantiate your qualification as a teacher, brief training resume and payment for membership.
- When is Membership due? We have had a common due date for all members to renew subscriptions on the 1st February each year but this is no longer possible due to our inability to process such a large membership in one month. It was good to do it this way because it allowed us to spend more time servicing the industry. Now your membership is linked to your martial arts insurance policy so you can join anytime it suits you.
- Can I get graded by the Martial Arts Australia? Yes this is part of our service to instructors but they have to meet a set criteria. Martial Arts Australia sets a date and forms a grading panel and if the candidate is successful they are awarded a certificate for the grade they are going for.
- What do you get for your membership? Everyone wants/needs to be in the loop. We will keep you informed about industry changes, fun news, important news, any news that might impact on the way you operate your school. We send you our Emag DVD magazine, newsletters and email news briefs. We direct you to our highly informative website, we will contact you by phone we may even knock on your door to do some training. We offer nationally recognized qualifications, discounted industry services and products, free advertising in our publications, special training seminars, showcase instructors and much more.
- Another handy tip for running your martial arts school/club Not sure whether to become a card merchant or want to know how you can reduce your merchant rate? It seems everyone wants to put all their purchases on a credit card or efpos and students act surprised when you say, ‘I only take cash’. Well its probably time to become a merchant and its not hard nor expensive. Most of the banks like Westpac, National, Bendigo, ANZ etc can help you over the counter. They normally start you off on a high rate of around 3.5-5% for each transaction but you can start off at a low rate (less than 1%) through our deal with the Westpac Bank.. How come? Yes we’ve done it again, as an IMA member you get this special rate.